Five Ways to Attract More Clients
One of the biggest challenges that businesses face in any economy is finding a way to attract more clients. Once you’ve identified your target audience you’ll need to work hard to get them in your business’ door and keep them coming back for more.
Here are five recommendations:
- Exceed Expectations – Two of the best sources of business are referrals and repeat orders from previous clients. Earn both by exceeding expectations in every aspect of your business. People talk (and blog, chat, and post reviews!). Give them lots of reasons to say good things about you.
- Be Different – Solve a problem no one else does, or solve it in a way that no one else can. Determine what makes your business unique – the reason why people should do business with you instead of your competitors – and then use this information to your advantage.
- Get the Word Out – Tell the world about your business and what you have to offer. Develop a compelling marketing message that will successfully sell your products and services. Create a detailed marketing plan that includes a mix of various marketing activities and then work it consistently throughout the year. If marketing is not one of your areas of expertise, hire a professional to help you.
- Follow Up Consistently – Good, pleasant follow up is critical. Always keep your promises, whether they are for providing information, calling at a particular time, or anything else. Excellent customer service needs to start from your very first contact with a prospective client.
- Eliminate Obstacles – Take any perceived risks out of the picture and make it easy for your prospects to say “yes.” Establish your credibility. Offer a free consultation or trial period. Make the benefits and value of your product or service clear.